The 26th Edmond Historical Society
Heritage Dinner will be held on
Thursday, May 16, 2013
The Edmond Historical Society & Museum is currently seeking nominations for the 2013 Roll of Honor and Preservation Awards.
Award winners will be honored at the Edmond Historical Society’s Heritage Dinner May 16, 2013 at 6:00 pm.
Tickets are required.
Membership to the Edmond Historical Society is not required to submit a nomination.
ROLL OF HONOR
Recognizes individuals or groups who have contributed substantial, multiple volunteer or supportive endeavors that provide lasting benefits for the entire Edmond community.
Preservation Awards recognize an individual, organization or company who has made a significant contribution toward the preservation of the history of Edmond, OK in categories listed under Criteria heading.
Category I – BUILDINGS OR SITES
- Nominee must have contributed time, energy and resources toward the preservation of an historically significant site within the Edmond city limits.
- Nominee may or may not be a current resident of Edmond, OK.
- Required supporting materials include a brief description of completed preservation project with photos of building or site.
Category II – LITERARY, FILM, MUSIC OR ART
- Nominee must have portrayed the
historic development of Edmond, OK through literature or artistic means.
- Nominee may or may not be a current resident of the city of Edmond, OK.
include a copy of publication, film, video, audiotape, photographs of,
copy of, or actual artwork, etc; all submitted materials must be
properly labeled with title and name; include a brief description of
work being nominated.
Category III – COMMUNITY SERVICE
- Nominee must have lived or been located in Edmond, OK and must have made a contributing impact on the community through outstanding service in the area of historical preservation.
- Award may be given posthumously.
include a brief description of why this person, organization or company
should receive award; list most successful projects/accomplishments that
have furthered the preservation of the quality of life in Edmond, OK.