Everett Bradbury, once a Katy Railroad telegrapher at Arcadia, built "Bradbury Corner" a filling station at the crossing of U.S. highways 66 and 77 and operated from 1925 until the land was taken by the State for highway purposes.
Everett Bradbury established Bradbury Station in 1923, located approximately at the southwest corner of the current intersection of Second and Interstate 35. This original site consisted of a one acre plot which had been obtained in June, 1923. The station later moved in 1925 to the larger 2 1/2 acre northwest corner. The station closed when the construction of Interstate 35 began in 1953.