Royce Cafe

Royce Cafe

Royce and Neva Adamson opened the Royce Cafe in 1933. Located at Fourth and Broadway in Edmond, the building was made from native red sandstone. Customers enjoyed 24-hour service with favorites like hot Dr. Pepper in the winter and their famous Blue Cheese Dressing. Legend has it that John Dillinger, the notorious gangster, stopped for a cup of coffee one evening at the Royce. The building still stands today, although the Royce is no longer in operation.

Recipe Taken from: The Route 66 Cookbook: Comfort Food from the Mother Road, Clark & Wallis, Council Oak Books, 2000.

Photos and artifacts From the Collection of the Edmond Historical Society & Museum