FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO: Education Manager
WORK SCHEDULE: Part-time
LOCATION(S): Main Facility, Remote
COMPENSATION: $10.00 per hour
SUMMARY: Under the general direction of the Director of Education, the museum educator will assist with the execution of all museum programs. This includes assisting at school break camps, working museum rentals, and facilitating other programs. This position will also assist in reviewing Virtual Merit Badge programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Facilitate school break camps
- Write school break camp curriculum
- Facilitate free family programs
- Facilitate Museum rentals
- Give in-person guided tours of the Museum, for field trips and other groups
- Participate in organizing and developing in-person activities for students and families
- Review Merit Badge work generated by Scouts BSA
- Write extensive and timely feedback for program participants
- Meet with Scouts via Zoom to offer feedback
- Duties otherwise as assigned
EDUCATION/QUALIFICATIONS: High School/GED
- A customer-oriented approach is essential
- Work well with teams
- Ability to represent the Edmond History Museum in a consistently positive and professional manner to internal and external audiences
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and stand and must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The employee will work year-round in both an office environment and outdoors. The noise level in the work environment varies from quiet to loud. Remote work available.
To apply: Email a cover letter and resume to Executive Director, Amy Stephens at firstname.lastname@example.org Please put the job title you are applying to in the subject of the email. Background check required.
The qualifications, physical demands, and work environment described herein are representative of those an employee will encounter and must meet to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.