- This event has passed.
Covered Wagon Courage and Conundrums Spring Break Camp
March 16 @ 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
If you love the anticipation and adventure of traveling to a new place, then pack your trunk and hop on our 1889 covered wagon as we make the journey of a lifetime to a land called Oklahoma. Price is $30 until March 5th. Register here.
Sign up for this one day camp from 9am-2pm either Tues March 16 or Wed March 17 led by schoolmarms Miss Lowery and Miss Judd. Ages 6-12 welcome.
Location: Rodkey House
What to Bring: a labeled sack lunch and water bottle.
What to wear: comfortable clothes and a jacket for outdoor games.
Masks required, social distancing and frequent hand washing
Together we’ll investigate:
- Why people wanted to journey to a far away place
- The size and features of covered wagons
- What items were packed
- How people kept from getting lost
- Clothing worn by ladies and gents
- Dangers on the journey
- Chores that had to be done
- Where everyone slept at night
- What food was eaten and how was it stored (We will be making yummy apple butter and biscuits)
- How to design a paper quilt square
- Diaries and short stories about covered wagon journeys
- Games children played
- Constructing a log cabin